Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Ravioli Day

This was our NINTH year making ravioli with the Alleys. Ravioli Day is my favorite day of the year! The Alleys have moved into a smaller house and they don't need as much ravioli as they used to and they tried to not have ravioli day this year, but I insisted! (Like I do.) And we had a grand time as usual.

Untitled

Honestly, you would have thought I was dragging Satchel to his death with the emo show he put on prior to our arrival. He thinks he can break me with his dramatics, but he is wrong! I am happy to report that after approximately two minutes inside he was having a grand time. Without his XBOX. It's true!

Untitled

It was a much smaller group this year--of adults anyway. There seemed to be children everywhere! The children made Elizabeth nervous.

Untitled

(But she totally trusts me 100% now.) Look at my focus!

Untitled
(Photo by Chip.)

I know how to make Elizabeth smile!

Untitled

Once she was relaxed, I let Jiro take a turn. He is also a very good student.

Untitled
Untitled

Richard kept trying to hurry everyone up, but I was all, "Let's drag this out as long as possible because I love it so much." Like really, Kristy, no hurry on the second batch of dough!

Untitled

Richard let me have the very last piece of dough to fill because he is awesome.

Untitled

My second favorite thing is dipping bread in the gravy while we wait for it to cook.


Once the ravioli was made, it was time to cook it and eat it which is almost as fun as making it.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Ok, I need to stop lying and just admit I love it all. I love going to the Alleys' house and bringing the kids whether they like it or not. I love seeing these people all in one place and having us all focused on the same task. I love daydrinking and cracking jokes and laughing and trying to figure out of Richard is being serious. The delicious food is just a major bonus.

Long live Ravioli Day!

2 comments:

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

Irritable, not nervous.

Sassy Molassy said...

We love you, too, Stacey. Thanks for insisting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...