Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Thanksgiving Break

So, we had our first major holiday as a two household family. The monkeys had a cousin sleepover at Gigi's Wednesday night and got an early start on the festivities.

Left to my own devices, it soon became clear that I am an extrovert.

I started Thursday day off with my running buddies.

Untitled

Then I went to an early morning party with my buddy, Ross (who has escaped my lens), where I made new friends like Sheri. Sheri makes Kool-aid pies for awesome hosts like Michael & Kelly. (I love that they had a party that started at 10am!)

Untitled
Untitled

Ross had to leave early to help his dad cook a turkey so I caught a ride with Brantley & Jim. It was a close call as to whether to have them drop me at Warren's house or take me to New Orleans.

Untitled

Warren and I drove out to my mom's to meet up with the rest of the family. We were late. Tracey was mad. Thankfully she had vodka.

Untitled

Warren's penance was carving the turkey.

Untitled

Satchel & Scarlett nabbed the wishbone.

Untitled

Food was eaten. Naps were taken. Games were played.

Untitled
Untitled

Satsuki was also in attendance. We had just gotten her this time last year, so we brought her to Thanksgiving. Now we just bring her every time.

Untitled

We left around 7:00pm and headed back to Midtown. The boys went with Warren since they planned to go camping on Friday and I went home. Alone. It was a little sad. I was asleep by 9:00pm.

Friday I stayed busy. I had lunch at Dan & Ashley's and then we took their dogs to Shelby Forest.

Untitled

It was a perfect day for a hike.

Untitled

We saw lots of cool stuff and stayed far, far away from the shoppers. We joked that we'd rather get shot on accident in the forest than at a Wal-mart.

After the hike, I met up with my friend, Colleen, at the Memphis Made taproom. There were lots of people there and it was fun to check it out. Then Ross picked me up and we had dinner at The Second Line. It just happened to be the one year anniversary, so that was super fun--especially when the owner sent bourbon shots all around.

Untitled

Saturday, Ashley, Katie, Elizabeth and I drove out to Shelby Farms Park to run the Yellow Trail. I freaking love the Yellow Trail. We had a great run.

Then of course we rewarded ourselves at Tart.

Untitled

I did some housework and then went to see "The Theory of Everything" where I ran into my buddies, Margot and Gary. Margot and I giggled through the whole movie. It was fun. And the movie is awesome, p.s.

Then I met Seamus at the Growler to talk soccer and wait for my babies to return.

Untitled

They got back around 7:00pm and we had a quick family dinner so I could hear about the camping trip. They were not very full of details, but judging from the two photos I have seen, looks like they had a fun time.

Untitled
Untitled

I'm glad Warren got them out of the house and that they got to get their nature on.

But I was really glad to have them back home and all to myself. Saturday night and all day Sunday we pretty much holed up in the apartment and recharged for the week ahead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...