Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Foot Golf

On Saturday the boys and I decided to check out Memphis Athletic Ministries' foot golf course at the Defense Depot. What is foot golf? It's golf with a soccer ball! Fun, right?

Untitled

It's actually quite challenging. Look at that hill!

Untitled
Untitled
Satchel easily won the first hole.

Untitled

Hole #2 was 200 yards further!

Untitled

Thankfully #3 had a water station!

Untitled

By hole #5, I was kind of kicking ass and the teenager was grumpy about it. "I'm not mad that I'm not winning," he explained. "I'm mad that I'm losing!" We let him sit out for a minute.

Untitled

#6 had water to drink, and to traverse.

Untitled

By #7 the heat was getting to everyone, but we persevered.

Untitled

We eventually lost track of who was winning and just tried to do our best (and not melt). I loved it. I want to go back! And I want to check out the Riverside course.

The beauty of the MAM course is that it is only $5 each in the form of a donation. And it's about 5 minutes from Midtown.

Untitled

Since it is affiliated with the church (a church?) it is not open on Sundays.

Let me know when you want to go!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...